Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Firefox

Couples of weeks ago, we talked about the browser in class.
Actually, before we talked in class, I had no idea the difference between browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
So I was just using the Internet Explorer as my browser because if I double click the image of the Internet, it will take me to the Internet.
However, after I listened to the discussion in class that the Internet Explorer is bad, I felt guilty using it. Then I started to search about the Firefox because they said it's faster and NCC recommends it.
Since I do not know anything about browser, I was a little bit scary changing my browser.
What will happen to my bookmarks? What are the merits and demerits?
The official website of the Firefox solved my problems!
It has explanation videos of the Firefox for the beginners about the features or the convinient way of using it.
Therefore, I decided to use the Firefox as my browser.
It is similar to the Internet Explorer, but it is faster and the addons are so convinient!

I regret that I didn't know such a good browser for a long time!
I can say that I can't go back and use the Internet Explorer again! :)

I wonder if the user of the Firefox will exceed that of the Internet Explorer...

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Mika,

    I like your blog post, and especially the graphic! Like you, I also had trepidation back in the day when I first started experimenting with different browsers. In the beginning I kept my old ones as I tried the new variations so that I could "go back" if I didn't like the changes. Now I am a loyal Chrome user, but I do also like Firefox. I think both are very user friendly and also fun to "explore"--sorry Explorer! Both are very customizable with lots of great widgets and apps, and feel very cutting edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mika--I actually think Firefox and other open source Browsers will eventually become the new standard. They tend to be faster and they can be more easily customized. Sorry, though, about making you feel guilty about using IE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy,
    Thank you very much!
    Actually, I still keep my old browser, which is IE, to be able to go back anytime. What is the difference between Chrome and Firefox? I think I can say that IE is not that fascinating at all nowadays...

    Prof. Macek,
    I think so,too. However, I think many Japanese are not so conscious about browser, so if they will know more about firefox or Chrome, these browsers would be the new standard. Please don't say sorry! Now,I actually like Firefox than IE! I'd rather want to say thank you for letting me know about Firefox!!

    ReplyDelete